Monday, October 11, 2010

It's just MY perspective Part 2

Ok, But first... My team ~ Vanderbilt ~WON BIG this weekend! We are a SEC team that can't usually pull our weight on the field, due to our high IQ's. And I mean that literally. Vandy is the only team in the SEC that carries extremely high standards when it comes to academics. It doesn't matter how well you carry the ball or how fast you can run. If you can't cut it in the classroom, you can't play with us. I have mixed emotions about this. But that's not for today!

Carrying on.....

So...as I started searching and reading in my newly found blog world, I found some great blogs of adoptees and birthmothers and also some really, really, disturbing blogs. And I am not here to judge. In fact, that's my whole point. But my g-d I had NO IDEA there were so many ANGRY adoptees out there. I pray that is a time of the past, as some of us adoptive parents are now realizing the importance of OPEN adoption and COMMUNICATION. I am the communicator to both of my children's birth families. I don't do that for Seth and me, I do that for my kids and their families. And honestly. We love Lydia's birthmom and also Zachary's family - but truth be told - it would be the easy life to disregard them and carry on.

Both Lydia and Zac's parents put us through HELL! They also put our kids through unnecessary trauma ~ but I get it. We were all living our own situations. At least in our tiny little world for OUR kids ~ I get it. And maybe one day I will share their whole stories - with their permission.
Anyhow - For this part of MY PERSPECTIVE - I just Can't BELIEVE HOW MEAN others can be on one another's blog. Whether you are an adoptee, an adopter, an infertile couple or whatever... For the love of G-D - We are all suffering - Can't we all just GET ALONG???

Apparently NOT! - MORE TO COME, I guess.

Just because we were CUTE way back when...

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Katie. I agree...people can be SO mean on other people's blogs. It's just terrible sometimes. I have blog friends that had to disable comments because some of the things that were being left were SO awful. It's just truly sad to me.

    I've read some adult adoptee blogs too. I know the anger for many of them comes from the hurt they feel from their adoptions. Not all adoptions are loving. Not all children that are adopted go to loving homes. It breaks my heart that they feel such pain and anger.

    ReplyDelete