Thursday, September 24, 2009

On Second Thought...

Wow, I really thought I would be a lot better about blogging. I love to write. I love to read. I have kept a private blog for 3 years now and I was pretty good about blogging there. What's up?

I think I finally figured it out. After a lot of thought and soul searching, I have realized why I am not sitting down and blogging.

I changed my blog from a private, password restricted blog to this very public, "hello world here we are blog" because I wanted to help others. My nightmare was over and I now had all this information, and experience and knowledge and I knew I needed to do something with it. I knew that I wanted other potential adoptive and foster parents to know what we knew. I would have given my right arm to have this knowledge under my belt when we were battling the courts, and navigating through international and domestic adoption, not to mention infertility. A lot of heart ache and aggravation can be saved if you are educated on these areas. And I am here to tell you, it is not easy to come by, especially if you are in the thick of your own experiences.

So, I came here as a platform of information and experience, hoping to reach out and advocate. But, in this process I realized I am not ready to do this. It's not that I am not ready to share and help others. I am just not ready to sit down and relive it all yet. The stories and experience are still to raw. I still have nightmares of Lydia being taken away, and Zac being left in the hospital. It was too much to sit down and dig it all back up. I would leave the computer exhausted and therefore, I would just avoid it all together.

I was also completely conflicted with putting The Bug's story out there for the world to dissect. Sure, Seth and I went through hell and back and yes, I want to help others...BUT, this is Lydia's story too and I am not sure that it is fair of me to share HER story, at least not so publicly.

And then I feel bad because, how do I help others but not tell my story. Well, I have thought about that too. I am going to renew my former private blog. Our story was documented from day one. If you are a follower and I have gotten to know you...email me. I will send you the link and the password.

But as for THIS blog...I want to keep it in the HERE and NOW. I want to rejoice my kids and tell funny stories and also share my frustrations as a mom, wife and so on. This is our life now and I just want it to be light and fun.

I hope you all understand that I am STILL HERE if you have questions or know someone else who does. It is still very important to me to help. Foster and adoptive parents will always take a back seat to birth parents, but they still have rights, and everyone should know that.

Peace Out... You will be seeing me much more regularly now. Yaaaaa!

4 comments:

  1. Wow very small world - I have a feeling we'll be at Cross Corner quite a bit this fall :) I would love to read the stories of your kids adoption - if you felt comfortable sharing the private blog. My email is Bspeight@smythepuryear.com
    and I agree GO DORES, and VOLS, and TITANS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl. I totally understand and respect your decision to keep the kiddos stories on your private blog. Although I have no experience at all with the foster system and adoption process, I was stunned to read all that you guys have been through with your precious babies. I would love to read more of the story if you are comfortable with that! My email is Shell327@gmail.com. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.It's Snarky Mom from Postcards from Insanity. I'd love to read your private blog, I have a feeling that you and I have shared some of the same experiences. I started writing out our story and haven't been able to finish it yet. I'm torn. My email is fostermom00@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katie~ I found you through your comment on Snarky Mom's and am in the process of the foster-to-adopt process myself. My husband and I have been waiting on our first placement for over 3 months now, so I would love to be able to read your private blog for any advice/insight that you give. If you are willing to allow me to read along, my email address is mrsleslisweeney@yahoo.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete