Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back on the Foster Care Horse

We decided last week that we were going to put our hand back in the foster care world. I called our agency and told them yesterday. We have a lot of training to catch up on -

b/c you know, I, as an LMSW and Seth as an accidental LMSW by marriage, and a former foster parent KNOW NOTHING!
I mean seriously, if you grew up in a home whose parents fostered - Check, got a BSW in college and then went to work in the foster care system - Check, went back to school and got a MASTERS degree in this work - Check, AND have also fostered several kids and adopted from the system - Check - then REALLY shouldn't you be exempt from these trainings, which I consider an insult of my intelligence. I'm just saying.

While we are wasting our time attending training we will also be getting a new homestudy, physicals, and all of the financial stuff wrapped up! Pretty soon we will be set to go again. We are excited and anxious to see what this go around brings us.

Here we go again!

2 comments:

  1. Wow good luck to you, found your blog through Kingdom of Chaos.

    We also foster adopted our four year old daughter Jamie.

    Loved Lydia's photos during the attempted ear piercing, I just may share them with Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing makes sense in the world of adoption and fostering does it?

    ReplyDelete