Friday, May 8, 2009

Show Your House Friday: Living Room

It's time for the second round of Show Your House Friday that Kelly hosts at http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/ Today we are showing our living rooms.

Here's my Family/Living Rooms:

Here is the family room, one angle from the bottom of the stairs...





And here is the angle from the back of the room looking in...As you can see it is bare b/c it is completely BABY PROOF! We had to move our plants and most of our floor decorations around the shelves. You'll notice we don't have anything on the bottom shelves either. One day I'll get to decorate my house again... but for now this is it...






Sorry this one is blurry. This is the angle from under the TV - looking into the kitchen. You'll notice the trash can on top of the counters in my kitchen. That's also a result of a one year old! :)



Another shot of that area and my bay window~




The hall that seperates my family room and living room...That's a bathroom on the left.



Living room turned into office b/c the office was turned into a playroom! :)



More of the living room/office... You can see we are pretty simple. I don't like a lot of fru fru. Our house has a casual feel. Most of our stuff is from where else but, Pottery Barn!



THIS is where I Blog! :)


This isn't a great shot b/c there was too much light from the windows and I am a horrible photographer. I love these windows though...


But here is a much more realistic view of my house...


Final Shot of this room ~



The pass through to the family room ~


Finally, This is just a small table and some decore leading into the family room at the end of the foyer ~ The lamp cord looks awful. I am glad I noticed that. Have to change fix that!

That's it for me this Friday...Thanks for looking and Kelly, thanks for hosting this. It's FUN!!

HAPPY FRIDAY ~ Even if it is raining and going to continue ALL WEEKEND...YUCK!


12 comments:

  1. I love your living room! So cute and I love the furniture that you have!! Your colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of your living room walls. What is it? The foyer table is so cute. Speaking of cute, you have two little cuties!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the rug and cross wall! the orange on your walls is beautiful too! i love a pop of color! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your rug! And the whole place.
    Dropped by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome colors! Pottery Barn is great. =) Your style is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the warm inviting colors of your living rooms. The black leather is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your area rug! I also like the crosses displayed together...I just might have to copy that myself.

    Mrs. Nurse Boy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I love that rug and the color of your wall. DH wants an orage room - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recognize that floor plan! No, I didn't have it but a friend of mine does. Tell me your house isn't that clean all the time! Have you seen the pics of mine????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your living room--especially that rug! I just started following your blog because I want to learn more about your family. I am especially interested in the adoption process...we don't know what's going to happen next with our little family, but we're praying about adoption. Best of luck in your journey. Looking forward to reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the nice comments about my living room! Yes, leather is a must! Unfortunatly I have been reminded of that this week with a vomiting little one. I really like your rug!! I read your new blog and think it is great that you share your experiences. My husband and I have always wanted to adopt and just didn't know which way we wanted to go. We met 3 little brothers that changed everything for us and are now going through the state to be set up for adoption/foster parenting. It's been a long process so far but am exciting to see where God leads it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, Love, Love the orange. Too bad I am a Boomer Sooner Fan (OU), Mr. Fix It won't allow Orange Decor in our house. :) Ya know, the Bedlam Rivalry.

    ReplyDelete